Want to get rid of AT&T or just want to unlock your iPhone 4S ?. Here’s the step by step guide on how to unlock the iPhone 4S running on iOS 5 without jailbreaking or any hardware change. Of course we know that Apple is now selling unlocked iPhones but we also know the fact that they are considerably more expensive. So how will it feel when you can simply unlock your iPhone 4S due to some bug in the iOS 5…
Unlocking the GSM iPhone 4S makes it capable with any other wireless service providers out there. In case you don’t know the initial unlocking softwares like ultrasn0w required tweaking the baseband which is a complex procedure but not the process we talking about below….
Complete Steps to unlock the iPhone 4S on iOS 5 :
- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Take out AT&T SIM card
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card
- Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert SIM card
If you are still confused you can check out the video guides below.
So that’s the complete guide on how to unlock the iPhone 4S on iOS 5 without jailbreaking and now you can please add me on Google + also Subscribe to our RSS feed , Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page, we will keep you updated with posts over the web.